I worked hard and quickly, I had a weekend to complete the project. I even cut out some pattern pieces. Well I say pattern pieces what I mean of course is I tried to cut some greaseproof paper up to the right size but got a couple of pieces wrong and managed to improvise my way out of it! I didn't manage to attach the three small velcro straps to the back of the bag to fix it to my bike, I will do that when I am back from my work trip. I did line the bag and put a couple of pockets into the top to put keys, wallet and phone in too stop them getting lost at the bottom. The bag is split into two sections, one to hold a laptop and the other for miscellaneous items. Finally I put an extra pocket on the back, there were two reasons for this. The first was for it to be easy to put an iPad or note book or novel in there for quick access and the other was because that way the fabric pattern remained the right way up on both sides of the bag.
I have a few pieces of fabric left to make the attachments for the bike rack but otherwise I used every piece of the 1m x 1m square. I really enjoyed making this bag. It was surprisingly satisfying and I am looking forward to using it at the conference I will be at next week!